Duration: 3 Days (1.5 days theory & 1.5 days road practical)
Max No: 4 or 8 participants per course (SOLAS Regulation)
Presenters: Delivered by SOLAS-registered Instructors (2 instructors to supervise each practical exercise)
Objectives: Candidates who successfully complete this course will be trained, able and motivated to plan, organise, direct and manage the safe flow of traffic through roadworks, in both rural and urban situations, with a minimum of delay to road users.
Specifically, trainees will learn to:
- Prepare detailed plans for intended roadwork sites, showing relevant distances, sizes and dimensions in accordance with the Safety at Streetworks and Road Works Code of Practice.
- List equipment requirements for intended roadworks.
- Draw plans of intended roadwork sites showing the position of signs, guarding etc..
- Demonstrate sequences of setting out advance signing, safety zones and pedestrian walkways at sample roadworks.
- Demonstrate the positioning, testing, adjusting, commissioning and decommissioning of temporary traffic signals at sample roadworks.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the subject by oral or written examination.
- Demonstrate ability to safely conduct activities at sample roadworks wearing the appropriate safety wear.
Awards: SOLAS CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) QQI Level 5 certification and identity card for successful applicants.