This course is designed to teach the driver how to handle modern tractors and give them a good understanding of the use and controls when operating tractors under normal farm activities.
Duration: 2 day
Certification: ASL/LANTRA Training certificate issued to all successful participants.
- Pre-start checks
- Carry out a daily service on a tractor and attached machinery.
- Understand the effects of attached machinery
- Understand tractor power transmission and power loss
- Understand the different hydraulic functions
- Safe use of loaders its effects
- PTO shaft
- Inspect machinery to be attached
- Safe procedure for checking and adjustment of machinery
- Trailer dimensions
- Insurance requirements for Roadwork
- Braking systems required for trailers
- Safety Switches
- Towing and the electronics in modern tractors