Throughout the land-based and construction industry dump trucks are an important machine on site as they are able to handle difficult terrain whilst carrying large loads, therefore making them a flexible piece of equipment.
Our Dump Truck (rigid chassis over 50 Tonnes) training and assessment course runs for four days, and our experienced instructors will help you to understand and learn about the dump trucks capabilities so you are able to use it effectively and safely.
Who is it for?
Our course is for anyone who currently operates or will be required to operate a Dump Truck (rigid chassis over 50 Tonnes) in the land-based or construction industries. The course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the dump truck safely and confidently.
What will you get from it?
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dump truck for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Maneuver in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Working in the construction industry
- Components of dump trucks
- Stability of the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks
- Starting/Stopping the machine
- Daily checks
- Operating the machine
- Advanced operation
- Site safety
Duration: 4 Days
Max no of learners: 4