Certification: ASL Safety & Training / RTITB/LANTRA Certification
Summary / introduction:
Any job where lifting is involved can be very dangerous, which is why proper training is essential. This 1 day refresher course for those already using these pieces of machinery will cover everything you need to know in order to carry out your work safely and confidently.
This training is ideal for anyone who uses or will be using a MHOC (a boat crane, pier crane or combined boat and pier crane) with an attachment, for example a hook, clamshell bucket, grab, auger, hydraulic clamp or roller.
There are extensive regulations governing the use of lifting appliances and equipment. These regulations cover all aspects of loader operations and so are vital in your work. This course will give you the knowledge you need to help avoid accidents at work.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Know a range of tasks for which the loader/crane is capable.
- Understand the legislation and safety requirements necessary for the use of the loader and loading system.
- Understand the purpose of the machine components, their functions and controls.
- Explain the safe working load, its attachments and any ancillary equipment used.
- Demonstrate correct work planning for loading operations including ability to recognise conditions that limit the loading procedure and use of assistant.
- Carry out routine pre-use inspection of the loader and the base machine including the lifting accessories and equipment.
- Carry out routine operator maintenance procedures for the machine to prescribed standards.
- Demonstrate effective operation of the crane controls.
- Set the loader crane in transport/park position (and maneuver the machine if appropriate).
- Load and unload products within safe working parameters.
- Stack produce to a prescribed standard.
- Secure the load for transport.
- Inspect the machine after use and prepare for transport or storage.
- Health and safety/regulations
- Components used in lifting operations
- Attachments and accessories
- Safe working load
- Risk management
- The landing area
- The lifting plan
- Loading a vehicle
- MHOC use with tipping body vehicles and trailers
- Permit to work
- Lifting accessories
- Pre-use checks
Internal assessment and external verification
Course / product delivery:
Theory and practical based
Min number of learners:
Max number of learners:
Participants must bring the following on the day of training:
- Passport Photo
- Current Safe Pass
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over